Various types of animals
Veterinarians are healthcare providers who tend to the needs of animals, including pets, livestock, zoo, and laboratory animals. They have the knowledge and ability to diagnose and treat all kinds of animals. When treating an animal’s condition, they are allowed to prescribe and dispense the medications from the clinic.
However, just like humans, all animals are different and have different preferences, allergies, or special needs. Therefore, medications off the shelf may not be the most appropriate for your pet. Vets can work with the compounding pharmacists at Coast to Coast Compounding to create an individualized medication that’s right for your pet.
How Compounds Can Help:
- As veterinarians and pet owners know, giving medication to animals can be a real challenge. Here at Coast to Coast Compounding we understand these difficulties and can help to offer a solution. Compounding allows veterinarians to broaden their prescribing abilities by offering medication forms that are more appropriate in strength and formulation for specific animals. We can flavor your pet’s medications with a variety of flavor choices, depending on the animal species and taste preferences. Some pet-friendly flavors include peanut butter, fish, or beef.
- Compounding pharmacists are an important aspect of providing care for all species, including both humans and non-humans. In fact, they are the only health care providers legally allowed to do so. We enjoy working with veterinarians to solve challenging medication problems so that your pet can be their happiest and healthiest self.
- Contact us to speak with one of our knowledgeable compounding pharmacists. We welcome your call and will make every effort to meet you and your pet’s needs with the help of your veterinarian.
Dosage Forms We Can Prepare:
- Flavored suspensions
- Peanut butter, fish, and beef-flavored medications
- Capsules and powders
- Topical cream to apply on feline ears
- Specialized strengths of medications for small dogs
- Specialized strengths of medications for felines
|Areas In Feline Health Where Compounding May Help
- Diarrhea/gastrointestinal issues
- Ear infections (otitis)
- Motion sickness/nausea
- Renal failure
- Urine spraying behavior
- Atopic dermatitis
- Flea bite dermatitis
- Skin infections