Enjoy better and deeper sleep with 3 mg of melatonin before bedtime.* Convenient, fast-acting liposomal liquid helps you fall asleep faster and wake up feeling refreshed.*
Each serving contains 3 mg of the highest quality synthetic Melatonin in a liposomal delivery system.
- Sleep support*
- Immune system support*
- Balanced circadian rhythms important for recovery from jet-lag and rotating shift work*
- Mood Balance*
What is Melatonin?
- Melatonin is the principle hormone produced and secreted by the brain’s pineal gland and is responsible for maintaining circadian rhythm (the body’s biological clock), regulating the endocrine (hormone) system and supporting the immune system.*
- The level of melatonin produced by the body is heavily influenced by sunlight. At night, the secretion of melatonin is much higher than during the day. When this process is interrupted, certain symptoms can occur such as disruptions in the sleep/wake cycle, headaches, mental and physical fatigue and irritability.
Why is Melatonin important?
- Low levels of melatonin could result in poor sleep patterns, disruption of the menstrual cycle, low mood, irritability, and poorconcentration.*
- Melatonin plays an important role in when we fall asleep and when
we wake up.* Darkness stimulates the release of melatonin and light suppresses its activity. Normal melatonin cycles are disrupted when we are exposed to excessive light in the evening or too little light during the daytime.
- Melatonin supports sleep onset and quality of sleep and increased Rapid Eye Movement time, deep sleep and dreaming.* These changes demonstrate better quality sleep, which produces greater mental, physi- cal and emotional rejuvenation.* Melatonin can decrease the amount of time required to fall asleep, increase the number of sleeping hours and support daytime alertness.*
Jet Lag and Rotating Shift Work
- Jet lag and rotating shift work can interfere with the body’s natural cir- cadian rhythm. Melatonin supports quality sleep and balanced circadian rhythms in people with disrupted circadian rhythms (such as those suf- fering from jet lag or those who work the night shift) and those with low melatonin levels (such as some elderly).*
- Melatonin is also one of the hormones that controls the timing and release of female reproductive hormones.* It helps determine when menstruation begins, the frequency and duration of menstrual cycles, and when menopause begins.* It’s a powerful regulator of sex hormone production and can effect mood, immunity, reproduction and bone health.* Melatonin supplements may benefit menopausal women by supporting and sustaining sleep and by supporting osteoblasts that sup- port bone health.*
- Melatonin has strong properties to help support immune system strength.* Its free-radical fighting capacity is 6 to 10 times more potent than vitamin E and can enter the mitochondria to protect it from free radical damage.*
- Some people experience low mood when the low sunlight levels (winter) are not sufficient for their pineal glands to decrease melatonin produc- tion to its normal low daytime level. Melatonin supplementation can support mood balance seasonally or in times of low mood.*
Liposomal Delivery System
- A liposomal liquid delivery system allows for flexible, convenient dosing of Melatonin in order to address individual requirements. Liposomal technol- ogy helps to maintain the health benefits of Melatonin by protecting it from the degradative environment of the stomach.* This is especially beneficial for patients who have a sensitive gastrointestinal tract.* Liposomal encap- sulation of ingredients represents a new delivery system that appears to offer important advantages over existing methods of delivery.
How to use Melatonin Spray
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, hold nozzle 1” from mouth, spray twice and swallow, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Shake well before each use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.