Selenium protects normal cell function by supporting the body’s natural defenses and scavenging harmful free radicals. It is
a component of glutathione peroxidase, one of the body’s main antioxidant enzymes.
Selenium Citrate Supports:
• Reduction of free radical formation
• Immune system function and aid in antibody production
• Cardiovascular function and protects low density lipoproteins
from becoming oxidized
• Fat metabolism by balancing thyroid hormone
• The synthesis and metabolism of thyroid hormones (the thyroid gland has higher concentrations of selenium than any
other organ in the body).
• Prostate health
• Supports mood balance
• Selenium is essential for proper fetal growth and
development •Production of prostaglandins, enzymes and hormones, to decrease platelet aggregation, detoxify unwanted substances and to strengthen the immune system
• Energy production in the mitochondria by preventing the
formation of free radicals
• Elasticity of tissues
Some heart and skin conditions are linked with low levels of selenium and glutathione peroxidase. A deficiency of Selenium has been linked to heart dysfunction, fatigue, infertility, high
cholesterol, increased susceptibility to infection and growth impairment.
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Selenium (as Selenium Citrate) 200 mcg