Mom and baby holding a heart
Pediatrics is a branch of medicine that focuses on the care of infants and children as well as adolescents. As with the general population, they can have different diseases, illnesses, or congenital defects. Unlike the general population, however, common commercially available drugs are not formulated specifically with children in mind. They require special dosing for their body sizes and never mind the fact that most medications look and taste yucky through the eyes of a kid. Many medications are not available in child-friendly dosage forms like liquids rather than pills. At Coast to Coast Compounding, we understand the intricacies that pediatric medications require and would love to work with you and your child’s pediatrician to create a personalized medication that fits all of your child’s needs.
Child taking medicine
- As parents and caretakers know, giving medication to children can be a real challenge. Here at Coast to Coast Compounding we understand these difficulties and can help to offer a solution. Compounding allows pediatricians to broaden their prescribing abilities by offering medication forms that are more appropriate in the right strength and formulation for kids of all ages and sizes. We can flavor your child’s medications with a variety of flavor choices, depending on their taste preferences. Some common flavors include bubble gum, cherry, and grape.
- Some kids may have a fear of taking anything that resembles a medication. In order to combat this dilemma, our caring pharmacists can provide your child’s medication in a less threatening form, such as a lollipop, hopefully relieving some apprehension around medication time.
Child with lollipops in her hand
- At Coast to Coast Compounding, we know that many kids have allergies, diet restrictions, or sensitivities to different ingredients. Compounded medications can offer the same medications they need without certain fillers, dyes, preservatives or other common ingredients in commercially available medications to better suit their needs.
- Contact us to speak with one of our compassionate compounding pharmacists. We welcome your call and will make every effort to meet you and your child’s needs with the help of your child’s pediatrician.
Physician taking vitals of a teddy bear
Dosage Forms We Can Prepare
- Suspensions, solutions, syrups
- Flavored medications
- Creams, gels, ointments
|Areas In Pediatrics Where Compounding Can Help
- Babies with reflux (GERD)
- Diaper rash
- Oral yeast infections/thrush
- Psoriasis, atopic dermatitis or eczema
- Cough and cold
- Ear infections
- Pain and fever
- Topical anesthetic
- Cyclical vomiting syndrome
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Seasonal allergies